Saturday, May 31, 2008

Concert June 27

I've been writing up a book of a lot of jazz tunes I've written, and I've been thinking about finding a way to play them, putting a group together or something. My friend Dave Henning and the guys in his band have been super-supportive of this, and they called me last week to offer me some space for my music on a concert they'd been asked to do. So on June 27, the Jazz in the Hills series will present the Dave Henning Quartet, plus me and trumpeter Denny Monce, playing a whole concert of mostly my music. It's really generous of them and I'm totally psyched. Hoping to get all the arrangements for them done during the next week...

The gig is in the Fountain Hills Community Theatre, which- maybe takes place in a restaurant called the Appian Way? I'm not quite sure, but here's the listing on their schedule.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online