Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Boomin'

I made a short film last weekend as part of the Almost Famous Film Festival 48-hr challenge. Our PIFMG team already had a composer- Bogdan Rygalski- so I signed on as boom boy (which meant I held the microphone), and I ended up helping out with the lighting too (I guess that means I was an "assistant grip"?) It was the first time I'd been on a movie set, and I learned a ton. It was interesting and boring and fun and hard work all at once. I guess only the top twenty teams even get their films screened, so I don't know if ours will make it or not. It's a goofy 5-minute middle-class-economic-fear comedy about a guy who can't pay his mortgage and ends up in a sort of alternate horror universe of the poor.

Anyway, if you want to come see it- don't! Come see At Best Derivative on March 6 instead. I'm sure this one will be posted on YouTube in a week or so, and I'll put it up here for all to see.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online