Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Old Spiritrax Ditties

It occurred to me that my last post of Spiritrax songs would be hard to appreciate unless you know the songs, because they didn't have guide vocals recorded yet. So from now on I won't link to ST songs until they have vocals recorded.

Here are all the songs I've done for Spiritrax that do have vocals. We're going back in time here, so they probably get gradually worse as you go down the list.

The Four Questions
From the Hebrew Passover service. Klezmer style. 'Cause it's for Jews to use.

Joy, Joy, Joy
Christian kids song, music box style.

Jesus Loves Me
Another Christian kids song, in a Carribbean style, with pan pipes, steel drums, etc.

I Had a Little Dreidel
A hopeless attempt to get Jewish kids excited about playing dreidel, the most boring form of gambling ever.

The First Noel
The traditional Christmas carol. Strings with lite rhythm section (muzak alert!)

A is for Allah
Islamic alphabet song. Cat Stevens did a version of this after he converted. Yes, that's me singing.

Hava Nagila
I did this tune all the time at Jewish weddings with the K2 band, and I always wanted the band to speed up until all the dancers fell down. And they never would. So this one gets pretty fast. Well, it'll be fun for the kids.

Michael Row the Boat Ashore
We had just gotten an awesome new guitar sampler, RealGuitar, and all we could do that day was play guitar. So this one is "campfire style".

This Little Light of Mine
This was my first arrangement at One Light. We used to play this tune all the time with the Inner Orchestra horns- there's a live version of it here. And I had never finished a big band chart in college, so I had to get it out of my system before I could write anything else.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online